I’ve definitely got a lot of shirt ideas up my sleeve.
Need a customized jersey for team-building? Have this great shirt idea you want to launch as a business? Want matchy jackets as a couple? Have a t-shirt idea you just want for yourself? No problem!
CustomThread has an option for ALL of that! And you can choose from several colors and types of fabric, to what kind of technology to use, while having an idea of the price beforehand, all on their beta website, CustomThread.com, which makes life so much easier for people who want to make personalized merch… which is most probably everyone, right?
“Whether you’re an aspiring fashion entrepreneur or just an individual with lots of ideas, we can take your visions from concept to reality.” – Custom Thread
Custom Thread is a fashion-tech startup that takes customizing apparel to a whole new level. But what exactly makes CustomThread different from the little t-shirt printing kiosks you see in the mall???
- One of the awesome aspects of their online solutions is their Quick Price Quotation. Just pick the kind of shirt you want, input your design, and choose the quantity, and the website can give you an idea of the cost, and email back with the final quotation, without you needing to leave home.
- If you have an idea, but you’re kinda iffy with Photoshop or Illustrator, they also have Free Design Templates, wherein they have a library of fonts, colors, and images you can play around with. They make sure to fulfill all your needs from designs to fabrics, right down to the teeniest of details like zippers and buttons.
- It’s hard to collect sizes from people for a big company t-shirt, and even harder sometimes to get the payment. With CustomThread’s flexible order scheme, you can place an order for a group, then have the members go to the website and enter their sizes, payments, and any other specifications, saving you the trouble.
- And now to my personal favorite part — FUNDR! Have you ever wanted to launch your own shirt business, but lack the know-how and resources? CustomThread helps you all the way, beyond designing and producing the merch, they also provide an online store you can host on your website. No need to keep an inventory, track sales, and collect payments — they’ve got you covered!
CustomThread makes everything so easy, without you having to leave your house! But personally, I want to visit the factory just because the people are so nice there! And I have a huge crush on their PR director, Dallas the golden retriever!
But enough of me talking, see it for yourself in the VLOG below!
Here are detailed descriptions on the different technologies (which you can see in action in the vlog above):
- DIRECT TO GARMENT – Quick and clean, DTG is the newest printing technology that prints graphics directly onto a garment, similar to loading paper in a printer. Best for: photographic designs, multiple colors, non-bulk orders, a smoother ink finish.
- SILKSCREEN – Manually applying ink on fabric with the use of a stencil (“screen”). Each color requires a new screen. Best for: basic designs, 3 colors and below, bulk orders, a more tangible ink finish.
- SUBLIMATION – Printing design on paper then transferring it onto fabric via heat press. This method enables designs to be printed all around the garment (front, back, side, the sleeves). Best for: designs with patterns or big dimensions, irregularly sized fabrics (e.g. swimwear).
- DIGITAL EMBROIDERY – Add texture to your apparel by having your logo, font, or graphic digitally embroidered for speed and precision.
Some snaps from the event!
Beyond all that, from what I’ve seen, what sets CustomThread different from the rest, is their emphasis on togetherness, not just among themselves, but also with their clients.
“We’re a growing community of family, friends, and clients. All our accomplishments are the result of a collaborative effort. Together we make things possible.”
“Together we can” — join the community!
Give them a visit, and say hi to Dallas for me!
Trunkline | (+632) 3648677
Mobile/Viber/WhatsApp | (+63) 907 700 0000
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook | facebook.com/customthread
Instagram | instagram.com/customthreadinc
Twitter | twitter.com/customthreadinc
Blk 6 Lot 1, Don Faustino St. cor. Don Primitivo St., Brgy. Holy Spirit,
Quezon City, Metro Manila Philippines 1127